Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I'm Young Again

A mortality gauge for me was the age of the players in professional sports. Morten Anderson, an NFL Kicker, happens to share my birth date:
Morten Andersen
Position: K
Height: 6' 2'' Weight: 221
Born: 8/19/1960, in Copenhagen, DEN
High School: Ben Davis (Indianapolis, IN)
College: Michigan State
Morten played his last game in 2004, for the Vikings. I officially became old.

Tuesday, he signed a one year deal with the Falcons!
Forty-six-year-old Morten Andersen is returning to the Atlanta Falcons after Michael Koenen flopped badly in his attempt to do all the kicking.

Andersen, the second-leading scorer in NFL history, returns to the league after last kicking with Minnesota in 2004. He will handle extra points and all field goal attempts -- except those well beyond 50 yards.

"In my heart, I knew I could still play," Andersen said.

George Blanda is the only player older than Andersen to play in the NFL. He retired after the 1975 season at age 48.
Some days its the simple things. Today is one of those days.

Flash

No comments: