Friday, February 17, 2006

Anatomy of a Political Ad

An out of state political group puts together an Ad based on misleading representations.

The opposition gets into the mix to stop the ad from being aired.

The Echo Chamber starts pumping the meme, even using private E-Mails from private citizens (this has me so pissed off that I wrote my very first profanity ladened screed against the total lack of respect and decorum once again exhibited by MDE. Cool heads prevailed and I deleted it) sent to a private group leaked to them by internal informants.

The news media picks up on the confrontations and alerts the public to the ad, during the news cycle.

The ad maker now gets free air time and more exposure then their limited investment would have ever provided.

lather, rinse, repeat.

And if you still aren't convinced that this ad is nothing more then a bunch of misleading BS, then You are Dumb!

I've been a proponent of this war on terror since day one. It sickens me that the Right continues to use this War for pure political gain without any consideration for the sacrifices made by these brave soldiers. Ads like this, and the response that followed just proves to me that they think of these human beings as nothing more then pawns in their political game. I wish those in power would spend their energies securing Iraq, not letting it linger through another elections cycle so they can continue to promote fear! Soon this will hit even closer to home, once my son is deployed.

Flash

No comments: