Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tony Snow, Gone at 53

When Tony was first diagnosed with cancer, back in 2005, I sent him a note as did many well wishers
Mr. Snow:

I can't say that I watch you and I can't say that I am a fan, but I CAN care.

My hopes and prayers go out to you and your family as you travel this difficult road. All my hopes for a quick and speedy recovery.
Much to my astonishment I received a reply:
Thanks for the kind e-mail. It means even more to me because you're not a "fan." I have been amazed, but not completely surprised, by the goodness and decency of people I encounter. You fit that mold, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Best,

Tony Snow
I grew to like Tony, it is with a heavy heart that we say good bye to him today.

All my hopes to the Snow family during this difficult time.

Flash

No comments: