Monday, November 05, 2007

Memoriam: Paul "Wog" Kuettel

I was tipped off be an E-Mail to the SPIF list, and then caught the posting at True North.

Paul "Wog" Kuettel has passed.

His final post was October 21, and he had a feeling he was close to the end:
MRI found a growing mass on the liver, so I got a CT which doesn't tell if it is cancerous. So off to the U of M I go next week for another MRI, bloodwork, and perhaps a biopsy. The way I feel really makes whether it is the big C a moot point.

Suffice it to say that nowadays I am very inactive, sleep a lot and my mind is consumed with worry that this is close to the end.

I'm not ready, but I guess I never will be.
This is a toughy. He had been feeling better last time I saw him, but that was late Summer. It's difficult to type, I may have more in the morning.

All my hopes to his friends and family!

Cheers, Wog!! You will be missed

Flash

The Obit for Tuesday's PiPress:
Paul Francis Kuettel
Kuettel, Paul Francis Age 51 of Falcon Heights Born May 9, 1956 in St. Paul, MN Paul showed great courage in his battle against liver disease, but died peacefully Sunday, November 4, lovingly surrounded by family and friends. Preceded in death by grandparents Charles and Cecelia Moosbrugger and Frank and Catherine Kuettel. Survived by wife Laura, sons Alex and Drew, daughter Catie, parents Frank and Nancy, siblings Janelle Fischler (Roseanne Tripi), David (Megan Kavanaugh) and Cindy (Mike) Leaf. Paul will be deeply missed by in-laws Floyd and Joanne Zdrojkowski; brother and sister-in-laws Jan and Dave Klapperich, Cathy and Steve Peterson, Marcia and Ken Rowe and 19 loving nieces, nephews and many friends. Paul graduated Salutatorian of Cretin High School class of 1974, Summa Cum Laude, College of St. Thomas class of 1977. Owner of AccessData and author of Wogsblog.com (a candid, humorous look at daily life). Paul was an active volunteer in the American Legion and the Lion's Club. Paul will be remembered for his intelligence, engaging conversation, endless curiosity, and rich sense of humor. Mass of Christian Burial 10:00 AM, Friday, November 9, at St. Agnes Catholic Church 548 Lafond Ave, St. Paul. Visitation 4:00-8:00 pm Thursday at Willwerscheid Funeral Home 1167 Grand Ave, St. Paul, 651-228-1006. Burial private. Charitable proceeds to a family fund.
GuestBook Here

No comments: