Thursday, March 20, 2008

See This Through

Mitch pointed to a T v P post on the anniversary. Specifically:
Will we say as a nation we still have the resolve to see this through, or we will signal retreat?
I challenged in the comments:
What exactly does “to see this through” mean and how much longer do you think it is going to take. Because, frankly, I never signed on to perpetual war, I signed on to a mission to tackle Islamic extremism and liberate a country from a vicious dictator. Not to be a Middle Eastern Baby sitter.

Honestly, don’t you think it is long overdue we begin significant redeployment, within the region, and allow the Iraqi’s to be responsible for themselves.

In all seriousness, please, not snark. I really am curious what some of you think the end game is here.
The replies, were, well, pretty snark free and one of the most engaging dialogs I have seen in awhile at SitD. Well worth a read through.

Flash

No comments: