Friday, September 16, 2005

FootBlogging Week #2 - My Picks (Updated 9/19/05)


OK, here goes. I’ve been pretty successful in the past, picking games outright, but I have never played the spreads before, so I may be at a disadvantage. But considering who my opponent is, all smack no tact Freddie the (Learned) Foot I don't see why I won't be able to hold my own. In fact, he just posted his take and we are on opposite ends of the spectrum. As it should be I guess, since now there will be no pushes and a clear winner for the week!

1. Kansas City (-1) @ Oakland

I can’t believe Kansas City is favored in this game. Randy Mawsome will light up the field on a suspect Chef (sic) secondary and come out blazing after his somewhat stealthy performance (at least for him) last week. Oakland big. UPDATE: Randy wasn't Mawsome. Foot wins the rubber game of Week two with a Chefs victory.

2. Miami @ NYJets (-6)

The Jets are a better team then Miami, but it didn’t look that way in their bumbling defeat last week. But a strong club like the Jets will recover from those mistakes and show the home town crowd they are capable of putting together a consistently executed game plan. The Fish are no slough team themselves, but I have a strong hunch that the Jets will keep them in check. Jets win, but fail to cover the 6 points. UPDATE: The Jets cover, and win by 10

3. Buffalo @ Tampa Bay (-2.5)

I was one of the few in week 1 that was prepared for a ViQueen defeat. Gruden is arguably one of the best coaches in the league, and a well coached team is hard to beat. Tampa Bay will win, and easily cover this week. UPDATE: As predicted, Tampa wins handily and covers the 2.5. TB 19 - BUF 3

==

The Flash!

No comments: