Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Good Luck, Ron!

There will be a new Chair of the MNGOP, Ron Carey is stepping down:
Republicans have watched in frustration as their elected numbers have shrunk in recent years and in Minnesota. They're about to see a change: state GOP chairman Ron Carey said Monday that he will not seek a third term.

"Let's face it, the last two cycles have been very tough for Republicans across the country," Carey said. "Sometimes, maybe it's best for the cause to have a fresh face out there.

"The last thing I want to be is an impediment to the conservative cause. Someone without the baggage you gain over four years might be an improvement."
Of course, Mr. Carey and I never saw eye to eye, but that doesn't mean I don't acknowledge his commitment to make Minnesota a better place, regardless of whether or not I agreed with his vision.

Best of like Mr Carey. I am sure you will be successful in whatever direction you choose.

Flash

No comments: