Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years later

I wrote my 9/11 story several years ago. The day was going to start with high level of nerves, and end with me being awarded full custody of my children. There was still a few bumps and bruises after that. But that ruling on that day proved to be the definitive conclusion to my domestic struggles.

Today those two boys are grown and graduated. The youngest, Bob, experiencing the freedom of adulthood, the the tribulations that go with it. Airman Nick, proudly serving our nation in the Air Force.

Yet, for most others, that day is marked by sadness and tragedy. As the memorial service in New York continues with the reading of the names of the innocents, I reflect on the impact on all of our lives of that day, that moment, that tragedy.

All my hopes for continued healing to all those who experienced loss on that infamous day.

Flash

No comments: