Thursday, February 07, 2008

A Visit from Sgt. Tom

My son is coming into town this afternoon. I haven't seen him in some time. He turned 21 last May, so this will be my first opportunity to sit down and have our first beer together. We are tentatively planning on meeting up with The Doctor and his son at Rock Bottom for an early dinner. Then I hope to make it to DL at the Chatterbox to hob nob with another Sergeant, Sgt. Sarvi, candidate for 2nd District Congress.

Sgt. Tom was a Right leaner last time I talked to him in person. I am curious to see what he has to say regarding the current situation after almost 4 years active duty. We'll have plenty of time for that this evening.

Tomorrow, my parents will hopefully get a turn in and take him out to lunch and then Saturday he will take his brothers for the afternoon for some long overdue sibling catch up time. Maybe if we keep him busy enough he'll realize he needs to come into town more often.

For now, I just want to give him a big ole hug and THANK him for his service!

Flash

No comments: