Thursday, January 24, 2008

Researching Bush Tax Cuts

I was looking at the White House page and stumbled on the President Bush's Tax Cut plan. I noticed that those in the Taxable Income range of $12,000 - $45,000 (income less deductions and personal exemptions) receive nothing, nadda, no change in their tax rate. I would fall into this range and it is a range that encompassesd the majority of the true middle class.

The Doctor and I get hung up on where the true middle class is. I have even expanded my definition to include those making up to $100,000 ($200,000) for married couples. He thinks I am being unreasonable even then. Today I noticed a prominent Republican, House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, drew his own line.:
Boehner pushed to include upper middle-class couples with incomes of up to $130,000
I know who the true middle class is, but the GOP likes moving the goal posts to put more money into the hands of those who don't need it, by taking it away from those that do. There is no wonder the electorate is so fed up.

Flash

No comments: