Sunday, November 11, 2007

THANK YOU!

In Honor of Veterans' Day

Several years ago I posted a list of my ancestors who served in various conflicts in the history of America. Now I add one more, My son, The Marine!

Seth Trowbridge 4G Grampa), Revolutionary War

Ansel Eaton (GG Uncle), Civil War

GrandPa Otto WWI and WW II

Bob Dummer (Uncle), WWII

Uncle Stan Dummer Navy WWII

Uncle Lamoyne Dummer Navy WWII, Army, Viet Nam

Uncle Emery Vane Dummer Navy WWII

Uncle Jim Eaton Navy WWII

my Father, Robert Schiebel, Korea (USS Healy DD672, USS English DD696, USS Shenandoah)

My Nephew, Dustin Lee Imholte

and My Son, the Marine!

I'll leave you with something I wrote back in November '05, when I acknowledged the passing of the last known surviving allied veteran of the Christmas Truce:
Remember, we don't have to wait for one day a year to honor the men and women who serve, and have served our country! We should do it every opportunity we can find!
So thank a veteran today, and thank them every chance you get!

Flash

No comments: