Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Third of Forth

Anyone else notice how most of the media acknowledged the 3rd anniversary of Iraq War II. It wasn't the Third Anniversary, it was the beginning of the fourth year. I always use that to taunt those who have a birthday. Like explaining to my brother this AM that he isn't 43, but beginning his 44th year. I didn't think the media would take a page out of that handbook. I'm not one to tout media bias, as it exists on both ends of the political spectrum. But this one was pretty conspicuous to me.

As for the war. let me remind you. I have been in favor of liberating Iraq since our first excursion into the country. I understand why President PaPa Bush held off, but hind sight tells me we should have just finished the job while we were there. I dismissed most of the current President's justifications, with WMD's being the most visible and primary reason. Some have made up other excuses, but anyone who looks at the build up with some level of objectivity knows it was all about WMDs. SoDamn was bad, he needed to be dealt with. If this President would have parked his arrogance at the door, and talked to the American people sincerely and honestly, he would have found much more long term support, instead of the dwindling acceptance of this fiasco we have now.

Honesty is the best policy, especially if you are the leader of the free world.

But that's just me!

Flash

No comments: