Tuesday, March 28, 2006

More from the Middle

Just stumbled on a recent moderate blog called Midtopia. Judging by his mini bio on the sidebar, we have much in common. I was particularly interested in his take on preemption, and the need for the US to take a role in getting the 'bad guys' around the world.
I often describe myself as something of a "baby neocon." I support the idea of America being a force for good in the world. I cheered the first Gulf War and the intervention in Kosovo. Why? Because I thought (and still think) that it's high time the world got off its butt and did something about the bad guys. Sure, the Gulf War was probably about oil, but I was able to support it because it was opposing aggression. And this was while many of my friends were active duty military and in harm's way.

I would support a doctrine that called for taking out bad guys like Saddam. However, such a doctrine requires a few key things:
The first item, the screed continues, is that the definition of 'bad guy' needs to be clear.

Go give him some business!

Flash

No comments: