Friday, September 30, 2005

FootBlogging Week #3 (NFL Wk #4)


The only thing in my favor, as I sit 1-5 to Foot’s 5-1 is that it is early. Thank God we post simultaneously or all Foot would have to do is match my picks the rest of the year and win with his 4 ticks already on the board.

The King has picked three more killers, not so much in who is going to win, but the large point spreads. Blowouts are hard to come by in the NFL. It will be tough to pick any favorite and leave the points on the table, especially when it is a touchdown or more.

With that, here goes my attempt to make up some ground:

1. at (-5)

Sunday, 1 p.m. on CBS
New England is king of the NFL. Until someone can knock this giant off the hill, I will be hard pressed to bet against them, even with 5 points on the table. Take the Pats, leave the points. UPDATE: The Pats take a drubbing from the Bolts, 41 - 17. I don't think many people saw that coming.

2. at (-7.5)

Monday, 9 p.m. on ABC
Packers suck, plain and simple. But they aren’t a club that gives up very easy, especially with Favré at the helm. It takes an awfully bad team in this world of NFL parity to go 0 - 4, and even though the Pack will probably do just that, they won’t go down without a fight. The Panther’s are a suspect club simply because they are at 1-2 themselves. Both clubs are facing must win situations, and my gut says the Packers will come up short, but not shorter then 7. Pick the Pack, and take the points, all 7.5 of them! UPDATE: The Pack falls short, but well within the 7.5

3. (-7) at

Sunday, 1 p.m. on CBS
Seven Points! That magic number that any line better shudders at. Like I mentioned already, one must deliberate long and hard before leaving those kind of points on the table. But the Dolts (sic) are as solid of an NFL club as any out there, and have one of the best (if not THE best) coaching staffs in the league. I need to make up some ground, and that means taking risks. So I am picking the Colts and leaving the points, simply because i don’t think Freddie the 'Foot' has the guts to do it! UPDATE: The Colts offense finally lights up and easily covers the 7, 31 - 10. YEAH!! I got one right!

Now I am going to worship before the kegerator in preparation for this weekend’s tilts and hope I can make up a game or two.

Flash

UPDATE: Foot posts, and after picking opposite that last two weeks, this week's picks match. Looks like another week in the cellar. I'll catch him eventually!

No comments: