Friday, September 02, 2005

The Corps Has Landed

Live from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania.

I (and the rest of the Govenaires) have arrived. We are staying at the beautiful Days Inn in Wilkes-Barre, about 15 minutes away from the stadium. We have a 10:00 - 2:00 rehearsal block Friday, with a Mini-Corps performance later in the evening.

Preliminary competition is Saturday, and God willing, a final performance of the year on Sunday night at World Championship finals. I don't want to jinx myself, but the Govies are currently ranked #1 in our class and have a legitimate shot at the title. But it is not about the competition. It is about entertaining the crowd, and having the best performance of our lives. This is the culmination of a season that began in the subzero weather of a Minnesota Winter back in January, and in a few days, it will all be over. A group of individuals who have grown together as friends and comrades will NEVER be together again. The corps will persevere, but the exact same group of people will have their final performance together this weekend.

But don't think I am unaware of the tragedy in the South. Katrina has wreaked havoc on a integral part of the nation, and it is with heavy heart that I will be participating in my passion. Although my head will be in this weekends obligations, my heart will be with those struggling to rebuild their lives and show the true spirit of being and American, be helping out our brothers and sisterz effected by this devastation. You can to your part to help here.

I'll try to post an update of my experiences here in Scranton this weekend, but you can check on your own at the DCA website. More information is on my Sidebar. Scores would be posted Saturday night LIVE as they happen, Finals scores won' post until the conclusions of the show, sometime close to midnight.

Time to hit the hay, after 25 hours on a bus, I can use some quality shut-eye!

Flash

No comments: