Saturday, December 20, 2008

Should Coleman Keep His Word

Senator Norm Coleman, November 5, 2008:
If you ask me what I would do, I would step back. I just think the need for the healing process is so important. The possibility of any change of this magnitude in the voting system we have is so remote, but that would be my judgment.


Here is where we are at today. Franken leads by over 250 votes. The Strib has basically factored in remaining challenges that have been withdrawn, and rewarding them based on the call of the election official at the recount table. That still put Franken ahead by almost 80 votes.

To quote Coleman, ""The possibility of any change of this magnitude in the voting system we have is so remote""

Maybe Sen. Coleman needs to take his own advice ("If you ask me what I would do, I would step back."), since it will take a mathematical miracle at this point for him to retain the Senate Seat.

Now that this process is all but over, that would be the correct thing to do. But when has Sen Coleman ever made a decision based on that!

However, I want this process to run its course, and be declared over by the Canvassing Board by an issuance of a Certificate of Election. THAT is when this process ends.

Flash

No comments: