Monday, December 08, 2008

I'm Old, Again!

A couple years ago, I made this post:
A mortality gauge for me was the age of the players in professional sports. Morten Anderson, an NFL Kicker, happens to share my birth date:
Morten Andersen
Position: K
Height: 6' 2'' Weight: 221
Born: 8/19/1960, in Copenhagen, DEN
Today, he retired:
Andersen, 48, hangs up cleats as all-time top scorer
Associated Press
Updated: December 8, 2008, 11:33 AM ET


COPENHAGEN, Denmark -- Kicker Morten Andersen, the NFL's career-leading scorer, is retiring because of knee problems.

The 48-year-old Dane, who scored 2,437 points during his 25-year career, played for the Atlanta Falcons the past two seasons but wasn't able to get a contract this year. Andersen said Monday he has given up his search and his NFL career.

Morten Andersen cited old knees and lack of a contract Monday when announcing his retirement in his native Denmark.

"I realized I no longer can train in an optimal way because of my knees," Andersen told The Associated Press in a phone interview. "So I am retiring."
With that, I am officially older than every player currently active in the NFL. Another Milestone achieved.

Of course, I am not as old as long time reader, and occasional commenter, Pat Byrne, who turns 55 today. Happy Birthday, Godzilla!

Flash

No comments: