Friday, April 14, 2006

Retire Rummy?

November 2004:
(T)he job of the Commander-in-Chief is to set the strategy and to set the direction of policy and say to those who are in charge of implementing the policy, you'll have that which you need. And I have said that ever since we've begun operations in Iraq; I said it when we began operations in Afghanistan. And it's still true. And if the commanders were to bring forth a request, I would look at it -- I would listen to it very seriously and implement the request. They have yet to do so.
April 2006:
Maj. Gen. Charles H. Swannack Jr., who led troops on the ground in Iraq as recently as 2004 as the commander of the Army's 82nd Airborne Division, on Thursday became the fifth retired senior general in recent days to call publicly for Rumsfeld's ouster.
Well, Mr. President, when does the implementation begin? I know, they're retired now so I suppose their opinion doesn't matter.

The Moderate Voice has much more!

Flash

No comments: