Friday, August 01, 2008

Tom's Boots are on the Ground

My son, Sgt. Tom, is in Iraq:
Hey Dad just wanted to drop you a line and let you know I'm alive! Just got settled in out here in Iraq. Its not to bad. Pretty hot and the sand storms suck but other than that its not to bad.

It's been pretty quiet out here. In the few days I have been here I have heard nothing in the way of combat, explosions, and hardly any aircraft flying around. I am at Al Asad Airbase. its in the Anbar providence about 80 miles east of Iraq.

So whats new out there? how are the boys? Well keep in touch the more news i get the better lol, It gets pretty stagnant out here! Love you dad! later!

-Tom
He is in for a 6 month stint. It will be a LONG 6 months for me.

Proud Marine Dad!

1 comment:

Ludwig said...

Hey Dad just wanted to drop you a line and let you know I'm alive! Just got settled in out here in Iraq. Its not to bad. Pretty hot and the sand ... tomsboots.blogspot.com