Sunday, July 27, 2008

Home Again!

The picture you see was my view for the last five days. Special thanks to good friend and occasional commenter 'Buhl' who hosted my family for our annual lakeside retreat. This quaint cottage on the shores of Lake Leander near Britt, MN, was a perfect get away for my wife, and two youngest boys. I look forward to our return next year, but was ready to come home.

On the way home, we made a brief stop just south of Eveleth. I wanted to have a visit with my late friend Paul. I'll talk about that visit tomorrow, with some pics. For now, here is what I saw when I first pulled into the memorial location (click to enlarge). The verse in the upper right corner states; "As the rescue crews were approaching the crash site, eagles were sighted soaring above . . ."

The visit was unplanned yet impulsive, almost like I was drawn there.

More tomorrow.

It's good to be home!

Flash

No comments: