Friday, March 12, 2004

Catching Up

Tons of stuff going on in my real world lately. Sometimes you just need to put the ole Net on the back burner.

Refinancing the house again. I did it a couple years ago, at 6 3/8, which was a steal at the time. We almost did last fall when the rates were bottoming out, but we were so convinced we were going to move, that we let that opportunity slide. After some heavy sole searching, we have decided to stay put and research another refi to take advantage of the most recent dip in the rates.

At the time, I was offered 4 5/8, which was pretty darn good. When the jobs report came out later that day, with lower then expected results, I decided to hold off. Great move on my part. Rates have dropped another half point, so I pulled the trigger and locked at 4 3/8 on a 15 year fixed.

So. I'll be finishing up the document nightmare, and putting together the necessary paperwork. I am dealing with the same guy I did last time, so that is saving me some origination cost, and doc work, but it is still a hassle.

If you ever need a Refi Guy, this is the guy. Turnaround last time was 13 days (that is 13 calendar days) from Lock. I locked Tuesday of this week, and the Appraiser will be out this afternoon already.

I may even close by the end of next week. Let me know if you want me to put you in touch with him (anokaflash - at - yahoo.com )

Have a GREAT weekend

Flash

No comments: