Monday, September 21, 2009

Wear a Helmet

My Nieces' best friend was involved in a motorcycle accident over the weekend. It didn't turn out good:
A 21-year-old woman died Sunday from injuries she suffered after the motorcycle she was riding on crashed.

Chelsey D. Nielson, of Elk River, was injured on Saturday sometime between midnight and 1 a.m., when the rear tire of the motorcycle went flat, causing the driver to lose control. The bike and both riders went down and skidded into a ditch, resulting in serious injuries to both, the State Patrol said.
Her cousin Jared writes a Good Bye letter:
Chelsey,

I don't know what to say, you're leaving us when you are too young, too smart, have too much potential and are entirely too loved. Words can't begin to describe the hole created in each of our hearts. This planet will never again be the same without you. The day is a shade darker for the rest of time.

I can't make it apparent enough how thankful I am that I was able to be related to you, able to know you. I'm so happy that we were able to spend Labor Day weekend together. I had the best time spending that time with you. Thank you so much for staying up late talking with us. I'm so happy I was able to play a few rounds of games with you, and I'm even more happy that you were on my team. I'm sorry I didn't get to design your tattoo. I know Braxton and I had the most amazing time tubing with you. We all enjoyed your company.

I'm sorry that we never got around to eating at Benihana. I'm sure it would have been a night to remember, and I think that I would have been able to get you to try some sushi. And between me and you, I think you would have liked it.

I love you more than I let you believe, and I let you believe every time I saw you.

I'll NEVER forget our times in Alaska, I'll NEVER forget our times at the lake, I'll NEVER forget our times making candy with grandma, I'll NEVER forget the vacation you spent with my family and I. I'll NEVER forget how much you meant to me, and I'll NEVER forget you.

Until I see you again.

Love always,
Jared
Neither the driver or rider were wearing a helmet. The driver is in an induced coma, and even if he makes it, speculation is there will be brain damage.

If you ride, be smart, wear a helmet. It's not as much for you as it is for those who love you. I started wearing a bike helmet as goofy as it looks, cause I'd rather look goofy and be alive, then the alternative.

Flash

UPDATE:
Funeral Arrangements:

Visitation will be at Dare's Funeral Services, 805 Main St NW,
Elk River, MN 55330-1506 (763) 441-1212 www.daresfuneralservice.com on Wednesday, September 23 from 4 to 8 pm.

The funeral mass will be at St. Andrew's Church, 566 4th St NW
Elk River, MN 55330-1496 (763) 441-1483
www.saint-andrew.net on Thursday, September 24 at 1:00 pm, visitation one hour before mass in church gathering area.

No comments: